We know it can often be tough to be vegan, and the public perception around various nutritional myths doesn’t help! So we’ve gathered five great facts about being vegan to silence any critics you many encounter! Nourish your body AND your mind, and there will be stopping you!
- Vegans have lower total and LDL cholesterol than vegetarians.
- Vegans have a lower rate of various types of cancers
- Vegans have lower blood pressure than vegetarians
- Vegan diets are higher in dietary fiber, magnesium, folic acid, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Iron and Phytochemicals
- vegans who consume at least 525 mg calcium per day have the same bone density and bone fracture rate as those on a animal-based diet.
Nourish your body AND your mind, and there will be stopping you! We will continue dropping awesome facts, stay tuned for more!